Website Administrator & Designer
Jewish Voice for Peace is a national grassroots organization with over 60 chapters and 200,000 supporters, dedicated to a U.S. foreign policy toward Israel/Palestine that promotes full equality and human rights for all.
The Website Administrator and Designer drives traffic to our website(s) and ensures they are user-friendly, accessible, accurate, and current.
Duties and responsibilities:
WEB ADMINISTRATION: WORDPRESS
DIGITAL ORGANIZING: EVERYACTION
- Administer website on a daily basis
- Manage website content, design, and software updates
- Strategize user experience and lead evolution of jvp website(s) through data-driven strategy/site analytics and deep understanding of user needs and accessibility.
- Responsibility for SEO and driving traffic to site
- Identifies emerging trends in the digital media space and opportunities to leverage those trends to support JVP’s work
- Responsible for design upgrades to reflect user experience best practices including mobile optimization and web accessibility
- Designs website pages and graphics
- Analyze data to improve website engagement, performance, and traffic
- Creates microsites for digital campaigns
- Educate staff on website editing and maintenance
- Coordinate functional improvements to website when necessary
- Front-line responsibility for loading and targeting e-blasts
- Create and optimize advocacy, petition and donation pages, and email templates.
- Design and support long-term a/b tests and identification/implementation of industry best practices.
All JVP staff participate in 1-2 hours a week of general staff tasks, including grassroots fundraising, phonebanking. Infrequent travel is required for this position.
The ideal candidate is:
- An excellent copywriter with ability to generate content for the website.
- Experienced with layout and design theory for web, including responsive design for mobile and a commitment to web accessibility
- Professional, communicates clearly, and works with integrity, patience, and a sense of humor.
- A flexible problem-solver
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal direction to accomplish high levels of work in fast-paced environment both individual and within teams
- Commitment to JVP mission
- 2-4 years experience administering websites and generating content.
- Proficient in current web technologies and practices (for example, HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, WordPress, Responsive Design, SEO, Etc.)
- Ability to keep deadlines, organize numerous projects and files, and manage shifting priorities
- Proficiency in basic system administration skills (SSH/DNS/MYSQL/Git) a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, basic video editing and photography a plus
This is an exempt, salaried full time position. The salary starts in the mid fifties with a generous benefits package.
New York or Berkeley prefered but all locations considered.
Submit your resume, short cover letter, and links to up to 3 examples of website work in a single PDF document.
People of color, Sephardi and/or Mizrahi applicants, and transgender or gender non-conforming applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Jewish Voice for Peace opposes anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, and anti-Arab bigotry and oppression. JVP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.