Summary of JVP and JVPA:
JVP (our 501c3) and JVP Action (our 501c4) are building a multiracial, intergenerational movement of Jews and allies working towards justice and equality in Israel/Palestine by transforming U.S. policy. We draw strength from over half a million supporters, 70 chapters, and decades of organizing for freedom and dignity in Israel/Palestine and the US. We’re mapping out a path for Palestinian rights to become a core part of the progressive agenda, we’re fighting for freedom for all people, and we’re writing a new chapter of Jewish life.
Summary of the role:
The Senior Fundraising Campaigns Coordinator will coordinate JVP’s annual fundraising campaigns and membership drives — including leading JVP’s innovative, grassroots fundraiser team. The individual in this role must be able to effectively manage timelines, provide fundraising solicitation skill-building support for volunteer fundraisers and JVP chapters, and collaborate across the organization. This position will also contribute to the overall visioning of the JVP family of organizations’ fundraising strategy and will have opportunities to innovate to grow the movement at large. The Senior Fundraising Campaigns Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Development.
The ideal candidate will possess strong project management skills and will be someone who understands how to activate and engage supporters across multiple platforms — direct mail, face-to-face solicitation, email, events, and peer-to-peer. Candidates should possess a depth of knowledge and experience in fundraising and organizing grounded in grassroots, social justice movements.
JVP is a union workplace, and this role may or may not be a part of our staff bargaining unit depending on supervisory responsibilities.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Project manages annual fundraising campaigns timeline, including leading campaign fundraising team meetings and liaising with vendors.
- Recruits, trains, and manages volunteer and staff/board grassroots fundraising teams for annual and other peer-to-peer campaigns/drives.
- Provides analysis, makes recommendations, and leads evaluations for annual fundraising campaigns and membership drives.
- Develops fundraising training materials, recruitment, and training for peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Works closely with other fundraising team members on ways to grow general donor and member acquisition, retention, and reactivation.
- Member of staff phone bank team.
- Participates in required monthly staff phone banks (1 hour/month), annual fundraising campaign solicitations (twice a year), staff meetings/retreats, and team meetings.
- Role requires staff to be on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasional travel and work on nights/weekends.
Position is fully remote and typical work hours are 9:30am - 5:30pm local time, though this is a flexible work environment.
- A passion for fundraising and connecting individuals to the work of JVP.
- At least 3 years of project management experience -- project managing fundraising campaigns and/or liaising with direct mail vendors is an added bonus, but not necessary.
- Is interested in training and mentoring volunteer fundraisers and is comfortable presenting to groups of people.
- Able to multitask, meet deadlines, set priorities, and problem-solve in a fast-moving, remote work environment.
- Familiarity with multi-channel fundraising strategies and best practices (direct mail, email, social media, peer-to-peer, etc.) and ability to work across teams.
- A commitment to JVP’s mission, values, guiding principles, and methods.
- Is committed to racial justice transformation processes, culture shift work within JVP, and to deepen accountability to Palestinians.
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate to a variety of audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in social justice organizations -- past involvement with Palestine/Israel movement in volunteer or professional capacity desired.
- Professionalism, integrity, patience, and a sense of humor.
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal direction to accomplish high-level work.
This is a non-exempt, salaried, full-time, remote position. This position will also be a member of the general body staff union at JVP. The salary range is $60,000-67,000 depending on experience with a generous benefits package. People of color, Sephardi and/or Mizrahi applicants and transgender or gender non-conforming applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Click the blue Apply Now
link and submit a resume and cover letter.
Jewish Voice for Peace does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.